Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

Dr Harte, Corte Madera Chiropractor, Wonders About the "Walking Foolish"

Whenever I do a health screening, I am amazed how the people who have the most blatant need for Chiropractic (at least in the popularly understood way) look the other way.

I am talking about those who are bent over, difficulty walking, using a cane or a walker, those obviously having a difficult time getting around. Of course there is a portion of these people in which there is a balance issue, directly caused by their prescriptions. Over the years, I have seen many of these people getting more and more bent, lower and lower, more feeble. Yet they will not look my way, let alone check out what Chiropractic has to offer.

These are obvious medical failures. But, it is clear that they would rather be right than to be well. In any other human endeavor, if something or someone doesn't provide success, one looks elsewhere. And you wonder why I call Medicine a cult.

Don Harte, D.C.
Marin Straight Chiropractor
Liberator of Innate

1 comment:

  1. I know the stigma chiropractors used to suffer as "non-doctors," but that seems to have passed now. Chiropractors, physical therapists and massage therapists are all earning more respect from the community and a lot of other medical professionals. I know a few doctors at Stanford and Marin General who make referrals to chiropractors. Stanford even offers massages in the lobby.
    In other words, don't worry about a lack of respect. That's just amplifying a negative attitude. As I'm sure you tell your patients, stay positive.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts