Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Racism in Health Care

Yesterday, I did a booth at the Senior Fair. Nice event.

My fellow nearby exhibitors were very medical. None of them even looked in our direction, let alone acknowledged a "hello." Of course, I didn;t expect anything from two booths down, where I experienced one of my life's dreams... proof of what my grandma used to tell me: "You live long enough, you see anything." I must have lived long enough. I saw an orthopedist going amongst the people, telling his story at a booth, just like me, humble chiropractor. (He was hawking a kind of spinal surgery, when the spine is in a state of collapse, with his put-your-heal-in scam bone scaning machine. Perhaps previous prescription meds caused the vertebrae to collapse. Or maybe subluxation to the parathyroid gland, which controls calcium metabolism.)

Most of the participants were very nice. Some, though, couldn't figure out what I was doing there. When my assistant said "Chiropractic," some scrunched up their face, made some weird kind of nasal noise, and stormed away. Not just uninterested, but hateful.

Why? I am here to help, just like a medical doctor or a nurse or an acupuncturist.

What is the hate based upon? Some cockamamie story of your next door neighbor's brother-in-law's next door neighbor, who got sore after an adjustment. Facts?

The fact is that the brain and the nervous system runs the body. Interfere with that, and function is no longer normal, resulting in diminished capacity and. eventually disease. remove interference... vertebral subluxation, and proper function... health... returns. This is Chiropractic. Ther is nothing to argue about.

There is certainly nothing to hate.

That's my opinion. What's yours?

Don Harte, D.C.
Corte Madera straight chiropractor
Liberator of Innate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts